Information for Parents
Important dates such as trips as class assemblies will be shown here!
Our key days:
Spelling Test: Wednesdays
Indoor PE: Mondays (kit is to remain in school)
Outdoor PE: Thursdays (kit is to be worn to school instead of uniform).
Welcome to Voyagers
Ms Shepherd and Mrs Short work as a job share with Ms Shepherd working Mondays and Tuesdays and alternate Wednesday mornings with Mrs Short, who also works Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays and Fridays. On a Thursday afternoon all of the Y4/5 team have a planning meeting together. This enables them to discuss the children's progress and plan for the week ahead. They also stay in contact most days through email.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to make an appointment to speak to one of them through the school office. They always share information regarding pupils so there is no need to speak to both of them unless you specifically want to.
We hope that your children will be very happy in Voyagers.
- We have all the equipment that the children need in school so would ask that they do not bring pencil cases into class. We find that items can go missing and tend to cause confusion if several people have the same design.
- Every child needs to have a labelled water bottle in school, everyday. We encourage children to stay well hydrated but do not want them to miss important parts of lessons by going to the water fountain. Ideally, these need to go home daily to be cleaned.
- Children need to have their book and reading record in school everyday and take them home each evening to read at home.
- Homework is given out on a Monday and is due in the following Monday. Children will receive a dojo for each piece of homework completed.
- PE Lessons take place on Mondays and Thursdays. Pupils need to keep their indoor PE kit in school and their outdoor kit is to be worn to school on Thursdays instead of their school uniform.