Ocarina and Recorder Club
Welcome to Mrs Ord's recorder and ocarina club! We are a group of year 2 children and meet every Monday lunchtime in the KS1 GP room. We begin by learning the ocarina and graduate to the recorder by the end of year 2! We are trying really hard to read music so that we can play lots of our favourite tunes. Each week we learn new notes and have fun playing music together.
Introducing this terms new group of musicians...
Songs to practice this week are... Twinkle Twinkle and London's Burning.
OCARINA TOP TIPS!
- Keep your ocarina around your neck whilst playing
- Use your index (pointy finger) and middle finger from each hand to hold the ocarina. Your thumbs will be holding it secure at the back.
- Make sure your fingers are flat so that the entire hole is covered
- say a 't' or 'd' when you play each note
- practice, practice, practice!
RECORDER TOP TIPS!
- Make sure you have your left hand at the top
- Say 't' or 'd' when you play each note
- Cover the holes properly with the pads of your fingers
- Keep your fingers slightly above each hole, ready for use
- Point the recorder downwards. Remember it's not a trumpet!
- Practice, practice, practice!